Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Protecting one's home...

Hello everyone,
I am back and blogging after a few days of absence. Boy, have the past few day been active! Well, let's start on Sunday.

Sunday, Dec 12
My sister had a choir concert in the afternoon, so my grandparents can down and we got to be with them. My sister sang well at the concert! I am glad she is getting to be in Voice. It is really neat! After we got home, Grandad, Dad and I got to replace the spark plugs on our 85" Grand Prix. (Mom's first new car! LOL) That was a lot of fun. I really enjoy the time I get to spend with my Dad and Grandad. I thank the Lord for them!

Monday, Dec 13
Well here goes,
Late Monday night, my sister was feeding and watering our 3 cats in our garage. (We have to bring them in at night or we will lose the to coyotes.) Well anyway, as my sister went to get the cat food, she saw a paw sticking out from beside our large storage shelves. The cats where in another room so she know that is wasn't one of them. She wondered if it was a tom cat from the neighbors. But as she looked on, she caught a glimse of a long skinny nose. A nose that belonged to a possum!! She turned and flew into the house. She roused the household and Dad got the shotgun and I got my pellet gun, and out we went. After shooing and prodding with a broom, the thief left the garage and was vanquished. Now get this!

Tuesday, Dec 14

We got home late from town and what did we see coming out of our garage, but a skunk! After running to get the shotgun, he also went the way of the doo-doo bird. What is hard to believe is that the cat's food got raided two nights in a row! We think that since the winter is starting to really be here, the varmints are wanting a easy meal. Dad said that we will have to keep an eye on the cat's so the coyote's won't get a free meal.

Well, that's all for now!
The Blogging Boy Scout,
Travis