Sunday, February 13, 2005

For all the History Fans

Hello everyone,

Heath Report: I am feeling a little better today, my throat is a little sore and I had a fever again last night. Please keep me in your prayers.

Now on to some cool history websites I found. The first is about a WWII offensive that up until I saw a program about it on the History channel, I don't know existed. It was called Operation Market Garden. Two sites on it are:

www.marketgarden.com I haven't looked at this one to well but it looks to be good.
www.rememberseptember44.com I read this one in depth, lots of information about what weapons they used and the day to day tactics of the battle.

And now to this site.

http://acacia.pair.com/Acacia.Vignettes/The.Diary.of.Alvin.York.html

I don't know if any of you have ever heard about a Christian Soldier in WWI named Alvin York, but if you have you know it is a great story! The site above lets you read from the journal he kept while in the army and such. He was a crack shot and went on the win the Congresstional Medal of Honor.

Happy Reading,
Travis

No comments: