Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Encouragment to young people

Hey everyone! I have made it back into the blogophere! Here is today's post!

Blog Reads:

First of all, Agent Tim has a post up talking about some of the mud slinging he has heard directed at his person, and how that has encouraged him!

Also, Reggienation continues to provide updates on Terri Schiavo.

Encouragment For Young People

Last night my family and I watched a film depicting the story of Anne Frank, a young Jewish girl who died in a concentration camp during WWII. As a person sits, watching as a young girl suffers, your heart longs for a rescuer to come. But she dies, as so many did, and you are left wondering "How could this happen?" "How can this be?" Then my thoughts turned to the hero's of that war, the men who struggled up the Normandy beaches on D-day, the men who gave their lives so that the cause of freedom might be so nobly advanced. The men who died so that the tide of evil would be stayed. I was reminded of this verse in Isaiah 59:19,

"So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him."

Oh, what a comfort! The Lord hears, the Lord knows, all that goes on here on this earth. Let all young men in this land, grow up into godly Christian men who are able to follow in the steps of our Lord, young men who will become God's men of tomorrow. Let me quote to you the following poem from "Man in Demand".

"The men in demand is the man who can stand
All alone in defense of the right
Though the crowds threat and jeer
He stands firm without fear
Never stooping to lower his sight "

Let us all strive to be that man! Let us control evil desires in our lives, let us walk in purity and faith. Let us live straight and true, though the world jeer and scorn. Let us serve the Lord with gladness and enter His courts with praise! Let us set a example that we would be proud for our sons to follow. There are days when the world in pressing in, when it looks as if there is no hope. Days when evil appears to be dominant. These are the days when the Lord looks for a man who will stand in the gap and save the land from evil.

"Ezek 22:30 "I searched for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, so that I would not destroy it; but I found no one."

Let us be that man! Let us take our stand!

As young men and woman, let us do what is right,
though the world mock at the sight.
As the hero's of old, let us be bold,
only walking in ways that are true.

I would now like to recommend two books to my readers. The one I have quoted for above is called "Man in Demand" it is written to young men. Then the second book is called "Christian Charm Course" is is written to young ladies. The authors are Wayne and Emily Hunter. Both books are very well written and are good guides to pick up in time of need. Both are available at Amazon.com Click here for a list Or our local Christian book store should be able to get you one.

In Christ,
The Blogging Boy Scout,
Travis

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Travis,
I have read a lot about Anne Frank. She had a lot of courage.

Thanks for the book recommendations. I have done the Charms thing before. However, I have never heard of the book for young ment. My mom and I are always on the prowl for good books for my brothers. We will definately have to check them out!

Kristin