Thursday, May 26, 2005

Today's' events and a Question

Hey guys! Here is today's post.

Trip to Grandma's:
Today, we went up to my grandma's house. :-D I helped my grandad and my uncle change out the brake pads on our suburban. I tell you what, the difference in braking in unbelievable! It is like driving a new car! I also got to watch the History Channel, which I always enjoy.

Boys State:
Today we also worked on getting ready for a week long trip I am going to take this coming week. I will be attending Boys State. It is a program for high school junior's designed to teach respect "For God and country". It was established more than 60 years ago to combat the attempts of communists, anarchists, and other subversives who were attempting to recruit America's youth during the Great Depression. Their anti-government message was countered by the American Legion through the establishment of the Boys State program. The 720 boys from around the state get to practice state government in action, including running for office if they so desire. Other activity's include sports and speech's from the hero's who have gone before us. Each boy is guaranteed a spot on the legislature and the chance to write a bill. Now for the question.

"If you could pass any bill in your state, what would it be?"

Your answers will help me out a good deal in my preparation's. Thanks for your comments in advance.

Have a great day all!
The Blogging Boy Scout,
Travis

3 comments:

Kerry Doyal said...

Have a blessed time at Boys State
I hear great things about it
KSD www.GetGraced.org

Anonymous said...

I would pass a bill that would prohibit any liberal from running for any political office or becoming any kind of judge! :)

Travis said...

LOL @ Reggie :-)

Thanks for all the comments guys!

The Blogging Boy Scout,
Travis