Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Boy Scout Blogger's First Anniversary


Hello everyone!

Yes, it is true, I have now been at this for a whole year. Wow, I can't hardly believe it has been that long. I started this blog with the vague idea of typing something and maybe covering the 2004 presidential and senatorial elections. As I started typing about these issues and covering events, I was struck by just how incredible it was to be able to type something and it be available to just about anyone with an internet connection. Communication is a wonderful thing, and blogging has made communication that much easier. Then I started running onto other bloggers, the first 3 I met are now my fellow commentators on SquareTalk Radio, Agent Tim(a big hat tip to him for providing this great graphic), Mission3:6teen, and SmartHomeschool. We swapped links and AIM tags and haven't stopped talking since! *grin* Then later along came this idea for a teen political/news online magazine. Alex and Jake created the site for the new staff and so became Virtue Magazine, currently in its 18th issue. I began to meet other bloggers, Spunky Jr., The Account, SecDef, and even FaithMouse! :-) It has been a blast!

So, where will the BSB go from here? Well, I will be graduating this year and will most likely begin college next fall. I am currently planning to major in history(or history education) and then go to law school. I hope to grow in Christ and learn more of His wonder and glory. I want to be a man he would be pleased to call His. I think that is every young Christian man's desire and I pray that we would accomplish that goal.

Announcements:

The Political Perusal should be up tomorrow.

There is a new Scouting blog devoted just to Christian homeschoolers! Jay Ryan, a Christian Scoutleader in Ohio has asked me to help out with this blog, so be checking in there for my Scouting memoirs and suggestions. *grin*

Blessings upon all you who honor and fear His name!
The Blogging Boy Scout,
Travis

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Congrats Travis! The blogosphere has definately benefited from a blogger like you...or at least my little corner of the sphere!

Keep up the great blogging and I can't wait to read more :)

~Kristin

David Ketter said...

Dude! We started blogging like the same time of year! My "anniversary" is Sept. 29!

BTW, where do I send my article for the Political Perousal thing? You can email me at DavidKetter [at] gmail [dot] com.

David

David Ketter said...

oh...man...your guestbook needs cleaning up....it's pretty bad...

Agent Tim said...

CONGRATULATIONS TRAVIS!!!

I'll be linking to the "Political Perusal" (since I've had no time to write for it *sniff*)

Tim

Travis said...

Thanks guys! I hope to be blogging for some time to come. *grin*

David,
Guestbook has been cleaned out (again) and I sent you an email on your question.

Have a great one guys!

Travis